- On machines or servers with multiple users that do not have administrative privileges, each user may have to enter the registration information individually. A fix for this is to grant all users write privileges to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TaylorEnterprises\Change-Point Analyzer portion of the registry. For 64-bit editions of Windows, the registry key is at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Taylor Enterprises\Sampling PlanAnalyzer portion of the system registry.
- To view the help file on your Windows Vista , Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 computer, you’ll need to download the WinHelp viewer from Microsoft. Your PC will need to pass the “Windows Genuine Advantage” validation. It works on both 32-bit and 64-bit machines. To learn more about the problem click http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607. To download WinHelp:
- Vista – Click http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5143
- Windows 7 – Click http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91.
- Windows 8 – Click http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35449.
- Windows 10 – There are manual fixes on the web that involve copying files from previous operating systems that work. However, the help system has been converted to compiled HTML format compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 and is available on Further Information tab of the Change-Point Analyzer product page. This can be used to view the help system but does not allow the help system to be accessed directly from Change-Point Analyzer.
- When using the Advanced Options dialog box, changing all four of the combo boxes:
• Identifying Candidate Changes
• Inclusion in Table of Changes
• Confidence Interval Around Change
• Number of Bootstrap Samples
and not changing any of the radio boxes from their default values, results in the values being reset to the default values. A workaround is to only change three of the combo boxes or to change at least one of the radio boxes.
- A file will become corrupted and cannot be read if one of the axis labels on the plots exceeds 1e9 or is below -1e9. To recover a corrupted file do the following:
(1) Open the file in a text editor like WordPad
(2) Search for all occurrences of the symbol ^
(3) Replace ^ and the 3 proceeding characters with the letter e. For example, 7 10^9 becomes 7e9
(4) Save the file
However, the file will again become corrupted if it is saved again. The axis scale is based on the data values. The workaround is to use smaller numbers. Dividing your numbers by 1000000 to make them per million, etc., will resolve the issue.
- The Excel Add-In does not work with Excel 2016. In Excel 2013, after installing the Add-In, restart Excel.
These issues will be fixed in the next release. If you encounter any difficulties or have any suggestions to offer, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.