Change-Point Analyzer - Excel Add-In
The Excel Add-In allows you to perform a change-point analysis directly from Excel. However, the Excel Add-In must be installed first. Below are instructions for both installing and using the Excel Add-In. More detailed instructions can be found in Tutorial 3. The Add-In works with versions 95/97/2000/XP/2007/2010 of Excel.
Instructions for Installing Add-In:
- Install the most recent version of Change-Point Analyzer. The Add-In is copied to your hard drive during the installation process.
- Start Excel.
- Display Add-In dialog box. For version 2000 select the Add-In menu item from the Tool menu. For version 2007, select the EXCEL Options menu item from the start menu and then click the Go button on the Add-Ins tab. This will display the Add-In dialog box.
- Locating the Add-In. Click the browse button and locate the file Change-Point Analyzer.xla in the directory which Change-Point Analyzer was installed. The default directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Taylor Enterprises\Change-Point Analyzer. However, a different directory could have been selected when the program was installed. Once the file has been located, click the OK button.
- Make sure Change-Point Analyzer Add-In is checked. Change-Point Analyzer will now appear in the list of Add-Ins. Make sure it is checked. Then click the OK button to close the Add-In dialog box.
Once the Add-In is installed, two new menu items are added. In EXCEL 2000 they are added to the Tools menu. In EXCEL 2007, a new Add-Ins menu is added. The Change-Point Analysis menu item performs a change-point analysis on the selected data. The CPA – Select Column or Row for Labels menu item can be used to select a row or column to be used as labels for the data points. Labels, if desired, must be selected before performing the change-point analysis. These two menu items will appear every time you run Excel. To perform a change-point analysis:
Instructions for Using Add-In:
- Optionally select labels for data points. If you want to use a row or column as labels, select the row or column to be used and select the CPA – Select Column or Row for Labels menu item. If you don’t specify labels, the row or column headers are used as labels.
- Select the data to be analyzed. You can select an entire row or column or just a part of a row or column. If you have multiple observations per time period, select all the rows or columns containing values.
- Select the Change-Point Analysis menu item.
The above procedure will start Change-Point Analyzer, copy the data into it and perform an analysis on the selected data. When you are done viewing the results, close Change-Point Analyzer and you will return to Excel.