Sampling Plan Analyzer – Bugs
- When first running the program on Windows 7, 8 and 10 machines you get the message “Cannot create file c:Windowssystem32mmxtty.sys.” Right mouse click on the program and select run as administrator. This will complete the installation process and start the program. This is only necessary the first time the program is run.
- Change number labels on the y-axis of a plot will cause the labels on the x-axis to display incorrectly. If the number of labels is changed, the same number must be used for both the y and x-axis.
- For ANSI Z1.4 plans for defects, the incorrect plan is displayed for AQLs of 15% and above.
- On machines or servers with users that do not have administrative privileges, the registration information may not be properly stored in the system registry meaning that the next time the program is run, it reverts back to being unregistered. This requires that the registration information be re-entered each time the program is run. A fix for this is to have the system administrator grant all users write privileges to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARETaylor EnterprisesSamplingPlan Analyzer portion of the system registry. For 64-bit editions of Windows, the registry key is at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeTaylor EnterprisesSamplingPlan Analyzer portion of the system registry. This can be accomplished using the regedit.exe program in the system registry. Granting privileges to this one section of the system registry will not compromise security on the system.
- To view the help file on your Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 computer, you’ll need to download the WinHelp viewer from Microsoft. Your PC will need to pass the “Windows Genuine Advantage” validation. It works on both 32-bit and 64-bit machines. To learn more about the problem click http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607. To download WinHelp:
- Vista – Click http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5143</a
- Windows 7 – Click http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91.
- Windows 8 – Click http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35449
- Windows 10 – There are manual fixes on the web that involve copying files from previous operating systems that work. However, the help system has been converted to compiled HTML format compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 and is available on Further Information tab of the VarTran product page. This can be used to view the help system but does not allow the help system to be accessed directly from VarTran.
These issues will be fixed in the next release. If you encounter any difficulties or have any suggestions to offer, please e-mail us at email@example.com.