Version 3.2 for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10, including the 64-bit versions.
Download Full Version of Software – Try it Free for 30 Days
A full version of the software can be downloaded above and used for free for a 30-day trial. After 30 days, if you want to continue using the software, you must purchase a license. The file vta32.exe will be downloaded. Executing this file will install the software on your system including the user guide and tutorials. Additional install steps for the Help system.
To continue using the software after the 30-day trial period, you must purchase a license for the software. A user name and license code will be emailed to you along with further instructions. You also get free upgrades for 1 year. Site licenses are also available.
VarTran Site Licenses
VarTran is in one sense a tolerancing package. It can perform all the standard analysis including statistical tolerancing, worst-case tolerancing, and sensitivity analysis. But VarTran goes beyond the bounds of traditional tolerancing packages to address the selection of optimal targets for the inputs. This also makes VarTran a robust design tool. In finding the optimal targets, VarTran considers the effects of the inputs on both the average and variation of the outputs optimizing the product/process performance. Below are just some of VarTran’s capabilities:
- Optimize product or process performance:
- Maximize Cpk
- Minimize percent defective
- Minimize Taguchi loss
- Achieve robust designs
- Statistical tolerancing
- Worst-case tolerancing
- Process tolerancing (a unified approach to tolerancing)
- Find the cause of variation (sensitivity analysis)
- Handles tough nonlinear problems
- Analytic methods of predicting variation that are much faster than performing simulations
- Optimization routines based on interval analysis that are guaranteed to find the global optimal
- Following designed experiments, use to:
- Optimize for production conditions rather than the conditions existing during the study
- Identify the root cause of the variation
State of the Art Capabilities
VarTran has many firsts. It introduces a unified approach to tolerancing called process tolerancing that incorporates both statistical and worst-case tolerancing. This allows statistical and worst-case tolerances to be mixed in the same analysis. It uses interval analysis optimization routines guaranteed of finding the global optimal. It uses analytic methods of predicting the variation, which are much faster than performing simulations. With VarTran, you can accomplish feats you never before dreamed of.
Design for Six Sigma
Many leading companies are using VarTran is a key part of their Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) programs including:
Several leading consulting companies have also integrated VarTran into their Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) programs including: