- To view the help file on your Windows Vista , Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 computer, you’ll need to download the WinHelp viewer from Microsoft. Your PC will need to pass the “Windows Genuine Advantage” validation. It works on both 32-bit and 64-bit machines. To learn more about the problem click http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607. To download WinHelp:
- Vista – Click http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5143.
- Windows 7 – Click http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91.
- Windows 8 – Click http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35449
- Windows 10 – There are manual fixes on the web that involve copying files from previous operating systems that work. However, the help system has been converted to compiled HTML format compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 and is available on Further Information tab of the VarTran product page. This can be used to view the help system but does not allow the help system to be accessed directly from VarTran.
This issue will be fixed in the next release. If you encounter any difficulties or have any suggestions to offer, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.