This course teaches how to design and analyze one type of designed experiment called Response Surface Studies using the Minitab software package. It shows how this tool fits in the Robust Tolerance Analysis process for setting specifications as described in STAT-11, Statistical Techniques for Setting Specifications, of the book Statistical Procedures for the Medical Device Industry as well as how it fits into the Six Sigma Improvement and Six Sigma Design processes. Much of the material is from the book Optimization & Variation Reduction in Quality.
This course is designed for those managers, engineers and scientist responsible for developing or improving products and processes.
What You Will Learn
- The advantages of using experimental design over trial and error methods
- How to design a response surface study using the software provided in the class
- How to analyze a response surface study using the software provided in the class
- How to interpret the results and optimize the output performance of a process or product
- About other types of designed experiments so to be capable of serving on a team responsible for designing any type of designed experiment
- What is a R/S Study
- Role of a R/S Study
- Designing a R/S Study
- Analyzing a R/S Study
- Special Analysis Topics
- Uses of R/S Studies
The course generally uses the Minitab software package but can incorporate other packages.
Participants receive the course manual.